I was browsing through the few years of blog posts here at The Advocatus Atheist and felt they dovetailed nicely in terms of tone and style.
The subject matter is less about religious criticism and more about being self reflective. It reads somewhat as a memoir and something like a personal journal of my thoughts and opinions regarding a full range of topics.
Naturally, I thought it would be fun to put the best of the best over the past 3 years into a book and publish it just for the hell of it. Here’s the mock cover I whipped up. I kind of like it.
As for which essays and articles I chose to include, they are as follows:
- Why Are Atheists So Angry?
- Why I Ran Away from Christian Apologetics
- Answering an Agnostic in Crisis
- On Pro-Choice: Why It’s the Only Moral Choice
- Belief Doth Compel Thee
- Questions About God
- On the Ben Affleck, Bill Maher, and Sam Harris Debate (Debacle)
- To Whom It Offends
- Ignosticism: A Short Recap (What do you mean by “God”?)
- A Frightening Epidemic: America’s Obsession with Religion
- Why Advocate (Promote) Atheism?
- Authenticity: Reflections on Why I Lied to Myself
- Why I changed My Mind About Marriage and Monogamy
- Corporal Punishment is Wrong
- Christian Spammer Girl
- Happy Draw Muhammad Day! (May 20th)
- Book Banning Gets My Goat
- Jesus the Corn King
- If You Don’t Have Faith: Then What Do You Believe In?