Now, a unicorn is not a real creature (obviously). This animal is totally fictitious. None of these creatures have ever walked the earth as far as we know, and no scientist has ever found a fossil of one. The only place unicorns exist are in fairy tales.
However, unicorns are mentioned in the King James version of the Bible 9 times, in 5 different books, by at least 5 different authors: by Balaam, Moses, David, Isaiah, and even God himself in the book of Job. These are the verses that mention unicorns:
- Numbers 23:22 “God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.”
- Numbers 24:8 “God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.”
- Job 39:9 “Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?”
- Job 39:10 “Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?”
- Psalms 29:6 “He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.”
- Psalms 92:10 “But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.”
- Deuteronomy 33:17 “His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.”
- Psalms 22:21 “Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.”
- Isaiah 34:7 “And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.”
Unicorns are not mentioned in any of the modern translations. Only in the King James version are they mentioned. Most of the modern translations say “wild ox.” Some translations even say “buffalo.”
It just goes to show that either the translation of the Bible, including the Authorized version, often touted as the most accurate of all translations, were filled with erroneous translations, or else a horribly tragic cataclysmic extinction level event cause the death of all of earth’s mystical horny horses. I’ll let you be the judge.